Frequently Asked Questions

We know that it can be a big decision to start studying. We have put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) to make that decision a bit easier. If you have a question that isn’t on the list, please get in contact with Embracia Education via our Contact Us page.

Duration, Units and Outcome

How long do your courses take?
Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) has a duration of 12 months, Certificate IV in Ageing Support has a duration of 18 months.
What employment opportunities do I have when completing the course?

With a Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) you can work as a Personal Care Attendant, Care Assistant, Residential Care Worker, or Food Services Worker.

After completing Certificate IV your potential occupations include Personal Care Attendant, Residential Care Worker, Care Supervisor, or Leisure and Therapy assistant

Study Mode

Do you offer different study modes?
As a domestic student, you can either study online or on campus. Both of our courses include a compulsory work placement which must be attended in person.
Where is your campus located?

Our student campus is located at Embracia Moonee Valley in Avondale Heights.

How many hours of face-to-face classes do I have?
If you choose to attend on campus, your training will be delivered in a blended mode classroom-based delivery (three days per week) which is trainer led, combined with self-paced learning (we recommend 6 hours per week)
How is the course assessed?
At Embracia Education, assessment is conducted using a combination of written knowledge assessment, research tasks, case studies, work log books, supervisor feedback and workplace observation
Do I receive individual support when studying online?
Yes, even when you start to study online you will receive individual support by our Student Manager Lilian.


How do I find a placement?

You don’t need to worry about finding a placement. Our sister company Embracia Victoria has two aged care homes in Melbourne where you do your placement. They are located in Reservoir and Avondale Heights. If you live in Australia but not Victoria, you can also do your placement at a suitable aged care facility close to your home.

How many placement hours do I have to complete?
For Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) you will need 120 hours of compulsory work placement, for Certificate IV in Ageing Support 150 hours.

Entry Requirements

When do your intakes start?
We offer our students four intakes during the year. You can either start in February, April. July or October.
How do I enrol?
If you are ready to start your career with us, you can enrol online by clicking on the Enrol Now button. Please contact us if you need any assistance with the enrolment.
Where can I get my Unique Student Identifier?
You can apply on https://www.usi.gov.au for your USI or check if you already have one. Alternatively, we can get the USI on your behalf.

Fees & Payment

Is your training eligible for governmental funding?
Unfortunately, our training is not eligible for governmental funding.
Are you providing scholarships?
Unfortunately, we do not offer scholarships. However, please note that you won’t be required to pay the whole course price at once.
Do I need to pay the tuition fees all at once?
No, the tuition fees are split in several instalments over the duration of your course. For further details please check our schedule of fees and charges.

Student Handbook

This handbook provides information about many aspects of the student journey with Embracia Education.

We Are Here To Help!

Fil in the form and one of our Embracia Education team will be able to answer all your questions.